Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
The project engineer will be responsible for the following:
1. Design of refrigeration systems for cold storage facilities in its entirety – load calculations, equipment selections/sizing (including but not limited to compressors, evaporators, condensers, vessels, & valves), and piping layout.
2. Sizing and routing of refrigeration piping, underfloor warming systems, glycol piping, valve arrangements/sizing, piping layout and sizing of pipe supports.
3. Coordination of information (architectural, structural, electrical and plumbing) with other design consultants and sub-trades.
4. Defining of control wiring scope and buyout of electrical control wiring.
5. Procurement – issuing of purchase orders for equipment, valves, control systems, refrigerant and piping. Develop bid package and issuing of sub-contracts for pipe insulation and control wiring, and water treatment.
6 Managing of process safety management documentation for ammonia projects.
7. Indexing and ordering of equipment, pipe labels, and valve tags.
8. Management of project startup and system commisioning.
9. Close out and distribution of operation and maintenance manual documentation.
10. Develop cad drawings as required for design, coordination and construction of project.
11. Develop block flow and process & instrumentation diagrams of entire refrigeration system.
12. Create valve schedule list for ammonia projects.
13. Assist field supervisors during construction phase.
14. Visit construction jobsites from time to time to manage and observe activities.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in mechanical engineering, or in a closely related field, plus 1 year of work experience in the job offered or in a closely related occupation.
1. Knowledge of limitations in pressure drop and velocities for selecting correct piping sizes in different refrigeration processes;
2. Knowledge of Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer principles and applications for designing and selecting correct equipment;
3. Equipment and vessel sizing;
4. Sizing and routing of refrigeration pipe, underfloor warming systems, glycol piping, layout and sizing of pipe supports;
5. Sizing and arrangements of valves, procuring valves and piping;
6. Closing out and distribution of operation and maintenance manual documentation; and,
7. Using AutoCAD and Revit CAD to design and develop layout of industrial refrigeration systems, including design drawings and construction drawings.
Certificate of Completion – IIAR Industrial Refrigeration Workshop; and
Certificate of Completion – HTRI Process Heat Exchanger Course.
Must possess expertise/ knowledge sufficient to adequately perform the duties of the job being offered. Expertise/ knowledge may be gained through employment experience or education. Such expertise/ knowledge cannot be “Quantified” by “Time.”
Travel Requirements: 10% travel required to client sites in the United States.
Subzero Constructors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: Qualified applicants please send resume to: James Chao, VP of Refrigeration at firstname.lastname@example.org. REF: PEFG-22